Larger bed in Mainship 400

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seevee

Guru
Vessel Make
430 Mainship
Has anyone figured out how to get a larger bed, or extend the current bed in a Mainship 400?

It's just a tad too small, and feet hang over the end.

Thx.

If you don't figure it out, I can talk to someone in CT this summer. He recently sold his 400, but he's 6-3 and about 320 and he never complained. That leads me to believe he figured something out.
I can't picture the configuration so I don't have any ideas right now.

If you don't figure it out, I can talk to someone in CT this summer. He recently sold his 400, but he's 6-3 and about 320 and he never complained. That leads me to believe he figured something out.
I can't picture the configuration so I don't have any ideas right now.

Thx Jay,

The stateroom in the Mainship is tight. The current bed is smaller than a queen. I could put a queen in there, but I'd have to cut off the corners of the head of the bed, change the door to swing out, which would be easy, and perhaps change one of the cabinet door into two doors.

Just trying to get ideas, thanks!

Well, after some searching, I found several companies that will make a mattress most any size. Lots of choices.....

Any one done that?

Mattress

Hi Seevee....if you would be open to share the company names and contact info I would be interested in knowing about places to change our mattress.
Thanks-

We found we had to sleep like we were sleeping in a traditional V berth. Since the foot of the bed tapers, we found if we tried to sleep like we were on a rectangular bed, our feet would hang off of the tapered edge.

If we each follow- the edge, our bodies form a V with our feet close and our heads further apart. The made the bed much more doable. I'm only 5' 9", but have a friend who's a bit over 6 feet who didn't mention there being an issue.

Keeping in mind that the master on the 390 (my friends boat) and the 400 are already larger slightly larger than the 350.

I don't know how you're going to increase the bed size and still be able to open the stateroom doors.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom