Greenline 33 routing antenna cable to dashboard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello all,
I am new to the boat (acquired two weeks ago) and new to TF (so please indulge and hint me the right way if I am wrong).
Does anyone knows how to route the antenna cable from an external VHF antenna to the dashboard; what to open / unscrew; what to watch out for.
Thanks

The Greenline should have a mount for the radar. That will have an entrance into the cable chase. You might need to drill a hole and use a cable gland.

Assuming you want to put your vhf antenna on the mast, there will be an opening there for cables. Probably hidden with a rubber "boot". You will need to pass the bare end of this cable into the hole and it will follow the cable chase, as Shrew mentioned, into the ceiling of the head. You will need to remove the trapezoidal ceiling panel in the head and you will see the other end of the chase and eventually your wire. To remove the panel, simply insert your finger into one of the "grooves" and pull down gently until you can get a grip on all of it an pull it down completely. You will understand the retention method for this panel once you get it down. This will allow you to grab the wire and direct it in the direction of the mirror over the sink in the head. Over the sink, you will find another trapezoidal panel. Grab the edges and pull down gently until you can push the clips and remove it entirely. This will give you good access to pass the cable further and to some areas under the dashboard. You may need to remove all the screws around your dashboard to lift the dashboard a bit in order to put the end fittings on the cable and attach it to your radio. I'm 99% sure you will not have enough room in the chase to push down the cable with the end-fitting on it. Maybe it will be possible if you have no other equipment with wires in the chase already(???). Good luck!

Thanks for your reply.
I found the route ScottC indicated, however, it is clogged. Nova yachting in the Netherlands was formerly GL dealer, they graciously let me know that the Slovenes were very generous with sealant thus, this is why I could not get trough. I will attempt a new trial wit a hard needle and see if I can get trough. If not, I will have to consider drilling a hole and pass the cable trough the deck or the other post. To be continued.

Back
Top Bottom