Do we have a section for boats found for sale?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 'Interesting boats' section of General Discussion would be appropriate, I think.

The general Discussion section will work for those kinds of posts.
We try hard to keep the Classified Sections cleaned up so members ads do not get buried in old/ ongoing discussions that obscure the ads which are the primary purpose.
We do allow members to post a for sale ad for friends or relatives but require them relationship is clearly stated, members be willingn to field questions & PMs and they notify moderators when the boat has sold.
Thanks for recognizing and inquiring.

Last edited:
Greetings,
What's wrong with this? https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s9/

OK if you state the relationship and can/ will answer questions and PMs for ads you post.
If it's only an FYI and have no further info and unwilling to monitor and report when sold please postmit in general Discussion as that's better fitted to the intent of the post.

Good question, I've always wondered the proper protocol for that on this forum.
One of the owners of our marina is selling two River Queen steel hull house boats (rental fleet) and his 32' woody Grand Banks.

I didn't post it in the ads section because it's not my boat and I know little about it. Plus it's a gutted boat awaiting a rebuild. Maybe we need a "Found Boats For Sale Thread" or a Project Boats For Sale Thread". Just tossing out ideas. I did sub to the interesting boats thread. I feel like it may not fit there and be seen by someone interested in buying a project. If I wasn't working a plan at the moment, to go sailing next year, I would have seriously considered that boat.

I like the piece ......

"Can be viewed from street. .... behind the fence."
That is always a good sign about a thing to buy. It's behind a fence.

Back
Top Bottom