Cummins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Aquatix
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
Hello everyone,
I purchased a 2002 Mainship 390 with a Cummins 5.9. Can anyone tell me what model transmission/final drive this is? Sorry about the blue pictures, the boat was winter wrapped.

Thank you
Kent

Attachments

• IMG_4489.jpg
    IMG_4489.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4484.jpg
    IMG_4484.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 36
I agree they aren't great photos but most likely a ZF220 probably 2:1 ratio

Welcome aboard. Congrats on your new baby. Aftercooler maintenance is critical on those engines. Check out sbmar.com for a lot of good Cummins info.

There is usually a tag with the model number and gear ratio on the transmission.

Thanks David, looking at ZF220 pics on websites, this is a perfect match. I will now be able to learn more about this unit and get owners manual.
Kent

I have ZFs in my boat. I just serviced them. You will need metric wrenches and sockets. I needed a 24mm to get the filter screen out. Check and make sure that you have all the sockets you need.

I have ZFs in my boat. I just serviced them. You will need metric wrenches and sockets. I needed a 24mm to get the filter screen out. Check and make sure that you have all the sockets you need.
Hi ComoDave,
When I purchased the boat, it came with spare parts, filters, and a full toolbox including the 24, 32, and 36mm sockets. And now I know why I have the 24mm. Many thanks for reaching out.
Kent

Kent
Welcome aboard TF and to Mainship ownership. Lots of current / past MS owners here.
I'm not an expert on the 309s or Cummins as mine has a Yanmar.
Scan through the MS builders section as well as the TF Library.
My Bacchus website also has some generic MS info.

Now that I think about it the 36 may be for the filter screem. You will just have to try and see which one fits.

Back
Top Bottom