Cockpit hatch seal and insulation replacement Pilot 34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BB-marine

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
PORT-A-GEE
Vessel Make
Mainship 34 Pilot
My 2002 34 Pilot cockpit hatches are in need of new black "foam rubber" This material works as a sound barrier and a seal for the two hatches. The material is hard and starting to deteriorate "flaking" and also has lost its sealing properties. The designed cockpit drains relies on the hatch seals to work or the water in the deck troughs spills into the bilge instead of making its way to the transom through hull drain. I am looking for the material used OEM ( manufacture and where to purchase) or a replacement similar to the original. Thank you in advance for the information.

First off make sure the drains are free flowing and the bilge pump is operating properly.

My overboard drain is clean and functional. The deck drains are the hatch troughs which lead to the large trough along the transom. This is the location of the overboard drain port. There is also a swing door on the bottom of the transom door to let water drain out of the cockpit in the event of cockpit flooding. The bilge pumps, a total of three are all functioning in auto and manual mode along with the bilge high water pump.

The question in my original post is ( Have any Mainship owners replaced the foam rubber seals that line the bottoms of the deck hatches. The material is black in color and used as a deck hatch seal and a sound barrier. The material glued to the bottom of my hatches has seen better days. It is compressed so it does not seal the hatches and I get water over flowing into my bilge after a rain. (I like a dry bilge. Any information on the original material availability and where to purchase or a product similar to the original that has proven to work well would be appreciated.

BB, I looked at Sundown's home page..... that is a great place to start.
Come up with all the dimensions then give them a call.

I have used Soundown materials in multiple boats. They make great products.

Back
Top Bottom