Bilge Pump GB42 MY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GBNI

Veteran Member
Does anyone know a source for a replacement manual bilge pump?
It is a cylindrical pump operated from step locker beside helm door.
Alternatively have others fitted a different pump in same space?

Thanks

Most Taiwan trawlers had manual bronze pumps installed that were manufactured by Edson Marine. They cost over $1,000. There are different handle locations and bulkhead mounted models out there.

Some were equipped with Chinese copies of Edson Pumps.

Both pumps use the same rebuild kit sold by Edson Marine. Rebuild kit includes a diaphgram and valves.

Both the Edson and knockoff pumps look like this and use the same rebuild kit :

Attachments

• 45DZ03_AS01.jpeg
    45DZ03_AS01.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 114-117-120-sm__44740.1525448030.jpg
    114-117-120-sm__44740.1525448030.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
I am away from the boat at present but will add photos when I can.

I am away from the boat at present but will add photos when I can.

If it were my choice I would use the existing thru hull to add a regular bilge pump. If you are trying to drain the small sump in the keel a small 500 gph hour will drop right in. Unless you are trying to keep things original, which I can understand.

My 1989 GB36 had a Jabsco 33965-0000 Pump mounted under the starboard helm step. It has been unavailable for many years. You can search the internet to see if anyone has spare parts. Max Marine has good images on their site but list it as out of stock.

I was able to replace it with a Whale Gusher® Urchin Compact Bilge Pump with removable handle by mounting the pump body to the engine room ceiling and the deck plate for the handle in the helm step.

That’s what we have. I will check out the Urchin. Thanks ?

E8232249-D492-4685-9835-6C52B10B9BC9.jpeg
I’m not sure if the picture went with this note but I’ll try. The pic is shot almost straight up and it is a whale gusher titan located in the engine room with the handle socket located in the starboard footstep at the helm station. My boat is the 1987 42 Classic. I can get more details if you are interested.

These are great pumps. Are you sure you can't rebuild it? It's great for getting that last bit of bilge water out of the sump.

Does anyone know a source for a replacement manual bilge pump?
It is a cylindrical pump operated from step locker beside helm door.
Alternatively have others fitted a different pump in same space?

Thanks

View attachment 124244
I’m not sure if the picture went with this note but I’ll try. The pic is shot almost straight up and it is a whale gusher titan located in the engine room with the handle socket located in the starboard footstep at the helm station. My boat is the 1987 42 Classic. I can get more details if you are interested.

Do you operate the pump from under the starboard footstep at the helm station

Back
Top Bottom