Best Source for 8D AGM East Coast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Final Approach

Veteran Member
Hi folks,

I am looking to purchase three 8D AGM deep cycle/start batteries. I will be driving from Maine to Florida and can stop anywhere to pick them up.
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
So that we don't go down any rabbit holes, I am not interested in Led Acid or converting to golfcart or lithium at this time.
Cheers
J

Batteries Plus, a chain, is where everyone around here goes. They can usually get whatever they don't have in stock. Admittedly, I haven't tried them for 8D AGMs so YMMV.

Amazon has Renogy 200 Ah AGM batteries for $370 each. See https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-Batte...8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

But why go with such a heavy beast. Renogy also sells 100 Ah G31 AGMs for less than $200 each at half the weight.

David
I currently have East Penn AGM 8Ds and satisfied (completing 10th season and still holding up) but plan to replace each with a pair of GP31s as David suggests. Only addition is a couple jumper cables to parallel them. The East Penn GP 31s have both auto post and threaded stud no change of cable ends necessary and addition of jumpers also easy.

Hardly anyone actually stocks them retail, not a high volume seller.

East Penn over the counter at an O'Rilley will be hard to beat price wise but probably couple of days to get 3.
Are you in a yard that will order for you? Find sometimes they are happy with a reasonable markup if you order trough them, usually have an Interstate commercial account.

Batteries Plus, a chain, is where everyone around here goes. They can usually get whatever they don't have in stock. Admittedly, I haven't tried them for 8D AGMs so YMMV.

Pasco's around here have Lifeline 8Ds. Prbably other AGM brands too...

-Chris

If you make it to Fort Lauderdale ,look at American Battery on 4 ave and St Rd 84 . Dealer/ dist for east penn . Always a good deal and have a warehouse of batteries .

Back
Top Bottom