Anyone heard of Big Dog Boats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debbiet

Bought a RIB from them at the Seattle Boat Show about 8+ years ago. Not finding the company online now so may be they are no longer in business. Also not finding the paperwork.

Need to repair and I can't determine whether it's PVC or Hypalon, so I don't know what kind of adhesive to purchase. There are no tears in it so I can't see the inside, where the color would tell me. I suspect if PVC is cheaper, it's PVC.

It's a nice little RIB, or was, but we treated it poorly and now it needs help.

I was hoping someone in this group might have had one or is familiar with this company? I think they were in the Great Lakes area.

Or if there is an adhesive that works on both materials, what would work too. But it seems to be an either-or kind of situation.

TIA!

Why not call these guys and ask them how to tell the difference of material. We have a dinghy repair place on Vancouver Island that is popular, breath new life into an older RIB and cheaper than replacing:

https://www.pacificinflatableboats.com/

I'm going to try acetone. The only ways I've discovered are either looking inside, which I can't do b/c there are no holes, or seeing how it reacts to that. Crossing my fingers!

I'm going to try acetone. The only ways I've discovered are either looking inside, which I can't do b/c there are no holes, or seeing how it reacts to that. Crossing my fingers!

Or try Toluene.

That is what the hypalon inflatable guys told me to use on a Hypalon inflatable.

Back
Top Bottom