2008 mainship 34 GPS antenna location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seaquel40

Vessel Name
Side Trip
Vessel Make
Mainship 34
I am a new owner of a 2008 Mainship 34. It has an Raymarine E80 and the GPS keeps losing it’s fix. I have looked this boat over and can not find the GPS antenna. I assume it is just the little white raymarine antenna but I just can’t locate it. Does anyone out there have an idea of where to look?

On my 2006 MS 34T, it was on top of the mast behind the radome.

David

Maybe it doesn't have an external antenna.

Maybe it doesn't have an external antenna.

I called Raymarine and they said it is an external antenna on the E80. The most likely spot for it would be the mast but only the lights and radar are on it and no additional wires are going to it.

Start at the back of the E80 and see if there is a GPS antenna cable hooked to it. If there is then go to whatever access you have to the radar arch and see if there is a cable like that running up to the arch. It could be that the PO didn’t have a GPS antenna hooked up. If not you will have to look on ebay for a compatible antenna. Ask Raymarine what antennas will work with an E80.

I called Raymarine and they said it is an external antenna on the E80. The most likely spot for it would be the mast but only the lights and radar are on it and no additional wires are going to it.

I could strongly make an argument to ditch the E80 and get a modern GPS Map. The E80 is such old tech and the new stuff is MUCH better, and yes, get and external antenna for better accuracy if you run in tight areas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom